The Nigerian Capital Development Fund (NCDF) launches MyHome Scheme (Private Affordable Ownership Housing Programme) to complement the effort of Government in providing decent and affordable homes to low and middle-income earners in Nigeria. It is designed that 5,000 homes will be built in five years across the country under the scheme in partnership with government, development partners, impact investors and the private sector. The scheme is estimated to generate 35 Billion Naira in economic activity and create 20,000 direct employments.
Our aim is to develop integrated affordable communities for low and middle-income class in different region. NCDF MyHome Scheme has developed creative ways to provide new housing opportunities and programmes across a range of incomes. One of the factors that will increase our success is public and private partnerships, which provide us opportunities to mobilise both technical and financial resources from public and private sectors.
Without direct intervention to create affordable housing in Sub-Sahara Africa and with the continuous increase in the population, we risk serious socio-economic problem not only in Africa but globally. Therefore only by continuing increasing the supply of affordable housing through multi stakeholders approach can address the barriers and turn the problem to socio-economic opportunities and benefits.
The scheme provides individual tailored payment plan to home-buyers which allows repayment up to 5 years after initial equity for informal sector home-buyers while seek collaborations with Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN), Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Company (NMRC), National Pension Commission (PENCOM), Family Homes Fund and Primary Mortgage Institutions to provide home loan to formal sector home-buyers.
- Decent Affordable Homes
- Home Finance
- Home buyer Education Workshops
- Financial Incentives Opportunities
- Technical Assistance
PROCEDURE & GUILDLINES FOR MYHOME SCHEME
Lead is generated through a number of marketing efforts. This includes Social Media, Flyers, TV and Radio Advertisement, Google Ad Words, SEO and other marketing strategy adopted.
2. Application: Online & Form
Application can be made online or to obtain application form from NCDF Office. Application fees will be paid through online or bank account to Nigerian Capital Development Fund only.
3. Book Home Buyer Education Workshop
This is the Road show that intends to educate the buyer about the MyHome. It will also feature the Road Map, Benefit and Payments
This is internal screening and pre-qualification of Registered Applicants – This is intended to screen out those that may not be able to meet up with the scheme terms and conditions.
Commissioning and Viewing of the Sites
6. Letter to Home Buyer
An offer letter is sent to successful Applicants
7. Payment towards the Homes
Deposit of equity contribution
8. Payment towards the Homes
Arrangement of Home Loan or Payment Plan for Home buyer depending on individual circumstance
9. Construction & Customization requirements
Special Request on Construction (If any) and Physical and Online Visual Updates on Project
10. Final Stage & Internal Infrastructure
Completion & Internal Infrastructure for the Estate
11. Delivery & Handover
- A one off administration fee of =N=10,000 is payable when making an application for MYHOME SCHEME.
- You can make an online application at www.ncdf.org.ng and payment your application online or pick up a Form at the NCDF contact offices in Lagos or Abuja and pay to Nigerian Capital Development Fund Bank Account Only.
- Please do not pay any money to any individual, NCDF does not use agent or representative other than NCDF offices staff which are not allowed to receive cash for any transaction.
- Please note that the one off administrative charge will be refunded as part of your equity upon the completion of the process. We do not refund any applicant that did not complete the process of purchase.
- MyHome application are done in faces upon the announcement by Nigerian Capital Development Fund.
- We are currently receiving application for Ibeju Lekki, Lagos State, Mowe, Ogun State and FCT, Abuja Only.