MyHome Scheme Awo – Omamma, Imo is a private affordable housing development sponsored by the Nigerian Capital Development Fund in partnership with Imo State Government to provide decent and affordable homes to low and middle-income earners in Nigeria.
It is designed for 500 unit of homes in 2 bedrooms semi-detached bungalow, 3 bedrooms semi-detached bungalow and 4 bedrooms fully detached bungalow. The scheme is estimated to generate 5 Billion Naira in economic activity and create 2,000 direct and indirect employment.
Our aim is to develop integrated affordable communities for the low and middle-income class in a different region. NCDF MyHome Scheme has developed creative ways to provide new housing opportunities and programmes across a range of incomes. One of the factors that will increase our success is public and private partnerships, which provide us opportunities to mobilize both technical and financial resources from the public and private sectors.
Without direct intervention to create affordable housing in Sub-Sahara Africa coupled with the continuous increase in the population, we risk serious socio-economic problems not only in Africa but globally. Therefore, only by continually increasing the supply of affordable housing through the multi-stakeholder’s approach, can we address the barriers and turn the problem to socio-economic opportunities and benefits.
The scheme operates 2 individual tailored payment plans:
- Private Payment – 20% Initial Deposit and the balance of 80% will be spread over 24 months.
- Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria – 20% Initial Deposit and the balance of 80% from National Housing Fund (This only apply to National Housing Fund Contributors)
Decent Affordable Homes
Home Buyer Education Workshops
Financial Incentives Opportunities
PROCEDURE & GUILDLINES FOR MYHOME SCHEME
1. Application: Online & Form
Application can be made online or to obtain application form from NCDF Office. Application fees of =N=15,500 naira only will be paid through online or bank account to Nigerian Capital Development Fund only.
2. Book Home Buyer Education Workshop
This is an online webinar programme that intends to educate the buyer more on the home ownership programme. It will also feature the Road Map, Benefit and Payments.
This is internal screening and pre-qualification of Registered Applicants – This is intended to screen out those that may not be able to meet up with the scheme terms and conditions.
4. Viewing of the Site and Plot Allocation
The Homebuyer can officially visit the site at Awo – Omamma, Imo State and select desired available plot for home development.
5. Letter to Home Buyer
A provisional allocation offer letter will be given to homebuyer, valid for 30 days.
6. Payment of 20% Initial Deposit
Deposit of equity contribution of 20% to be paid only to the NCDF designated account.
7. Payment towards the Homes
Arrangement of Home Loan or Payment Plan for Home buyer depending on individual circumstance.
8. Construction & Customization requirements
Special Request on Construction (If any) and Physical and Online Visual Updates on Project
9. Final Stage & Internal Infrastructure
Completion & Internal Infrastructure for the Estate
10. Delivery & Handover
- Moving Home
- A one-off application fee of =N=15,500 is payable when making an application for MYHOME SCHEME.
- You can only make an application for MyHome Scheme Online at www.ncdf.org.ng and payment or make payment to Nigerian Capital Development Fund Designated Bank Account Only
- Please do not pay any money to any individual, NCDF does not use agent or representative other than NCDF offices staff who are not allowed to receive cash for any transaction.
- The application fee is not refundable.